Saturday 22 August 2009

Tell yourself you are going to achieve great things!

Tell yourself your going to achieve great things!

I've been reading several great books lately (on goal setting and achieving success) and sharing thoughts with a client of mine who has attended a lot of training seminars very much alike what I have been reading.

We had some really interesting conversations and came to the conclusion that these books and training sessions really do have a point. Have you every noticed that when you really want to do something - you'll put your mind to it and achieve it.

I'll give you an example from me and you might be able to relate - When me and my partner bought our house 18 months or so ago it was in terrible state! No carpets, No Bannister on the staircase, ceilings were damaged, damp in several rooms and much more!! My other half was in Iraq so it was left to me (and my fantastic supportive family) to get the work done! The mortgage completed finally after 6 long months on the 27th Dec 07 and I made it very clear that I wanted to be in the house by the 6th Jan 08 (before I went back to work on the 7th Jan ). Do you know what - I made that deadline because I pushed out all the stops, worked until 2am most nights painting and stripping wall paper etc, because I was so set on being in there on that date, I felt so passionate about it. I had also set another goal to lose 6lbs before he returned but I managed that during these few weeks!! Whilst the excitement and hardwork did play a big part, I maintained the weight loss with healthy eating and exercise!

I still make these goals with my weight, at home, on my business etc and am contantly working to achieve them, fair enough not every time i'll get there in the timeframe I had set myself but I'll have had a good go at it!!

To cut a long story short, if you decide that you want something badly and tell yourself that you will achieve it - guess what - YOU WILL, providing you are willing to put in the work that is required. If you have joined a Boot Camp or taken up Personal Training Sessions or even just decided you want to lose weight. If you set your mind to it, have an image of what you want to achieve and (here’s the most important part) have a passion for getting what you want then you can't go wrong!!! Set yourself a clear goal and work towards that goal, for example: to lose weight is a bit vague, change it to – to lose ...lbs by ....., monitor your progress in achieving that goal!

This mindset can also be applied to your career, relationships and much more - if you want something, tell yourself YOU CAN do it and go get it!!!Set those health and lifestyle goals, I have faith in each and every one of you and I know you can achieve great things!!

GOAL SETTING VIDEO - watch the video and make that connection!!!

To your success in a healthy and happy life!!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment